Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Art by Ashley ♥: Portrait Sketches

Portrait sketching is not really my favourite thing to do. I'd rather do abstract things or something out of my imagination. The need to study an individual's features: the eyes, nose, eyebrows, jaw, lips and mouth; the skill really requires thorough analysis and full concentration. To which I will not do this just for any request.

The recent portrait sketches I did for few friends of mine.
For Fanzi.
For Nonie.
For Michelle.

Okay, I am fully aware that I still have a lot to learn and need to do a lot of practice, which I am working on at the moment.

One thing I discover when I do portrait sketching is that every single individual has their own unique features: pointy nose, round eyes, thick lips, wide smile, etc. And I love that :)

Anyway, before I end this post, I am wishing all of you, my dear readers,

KOTOBIAN TADAU TAGAZO DO KAAMATAN
&
GAYU GURU GERAI NYAMAI!

Happy holidays!

6 comments:

  1. not bad bah your portrait :) this remind me when I was little and ask my big bro to drew me and then he would draw monkey instead >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weee ^_^ thanks again and practice lagi! :) you're so lucky ada talent on art...sya lukis pokok pun nda jadi hihi that's why sya salute sama org yg pndai melukis..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Ashley,

    so cool! oh wish i had talents like yours. that one for Michelle almost looks the same. hehe. practice more!

    with love,
    Aemy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiut muka si Mich.

    Oya, I'm not good at drawing but can I just say something lol. Based on sketches that I see, I think, there's not need to draw a person teeth in detail. I mean, nda paya garis-garis between the teeth. I think la. Maybe you can try :)

    Ba lukis muka sia la hehee.

    Happy Tuesday, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, actually sy pun ragu2 bah tu mau lukis the teeth part. Mcm vampire kan haha. I definitely need more practice on shading technique.

      Hehe, thanks for the tips, Arms! :D

      Delete