Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Venturing into Art ♥

Hello lovely people!

I am terribly sorry for vanishing off the blogosphere for so long now. On the other page, I am truly active on Instagram. In fact, I am highly addictive to Instagram. Here is my account --> @ashleyalexandra89in case curiosity falls on you suddenly, haha.

Anyway, if you are an existing follower of mine on Instagram, you must have realized that currently I am into art / drawing. You see, I have many interests: photography, crocheting, baking, crafting, and few more other things. But art has always been a favourite since I was in primary school years. I used to enter drawing competitions at school. My most memorable primary school experience was winning second prize in a drawing competition for a anti-drug campaign. I know second prize is not all that great, but that was my first time I got 'publicized' in front of the school assembly. And I could not believe that I actually can do something like drawing.

Then, during my secondary school years, I used to dream of becoming some sort of designer. Do you remember those times we have to fill in our details including our ambitions? Well, for the first few years, I used to fill in those commonly 'dreamed-of' ones, like doctors, lawyers, etc. So, I started to write down 'Interior Designer' and even 'Fashion Designer' in the boxes, because I like to sketch/doodle around. I was into interiors at that time because I have always dreamed of having a house and decorating it on my own.

Pendidikan Seni (or Art Education) was not really my favourite subject because English was always my most favourite subject (and still is). But I had fun seeing the works of my more creative classmates. I suck in colouring and blending colours, especially when using watercolour, till today. I used to be jealous when my classmates went all 'Ooooh' and 'Wowww' over my other friends came up with nice drawings with great colouring skill. And so, my passion in developing my drawing skill starting to fade. From that moment, I did not take art seriously. Yes, over the years, I did some doodling here and there, but that was it. The works of boredom.

Only until recently, the passion starts to spark right back. I did a random typography on 'Pray for Sabah' when the Lahad Datu invasion just started.


Then, a friend saw it and shared it on a popular local page and gained over 1000 likes. That was totally unexpected, and it certainly has motivated me to venture back into art.

Anyway, I would like you to meet the medium I am using to sketch & draw things. My planner cum my diary cum my sketchbook :)



Now, I am trying to learn more techniques and skills in drawing, especially in doing portraits of people. And I JUST CANNOT GET THE EYES & LIPS RIGHT 0_0

Wish me luck ;)

4 comments:

  1. All the best in pursing art :)
    Thanks for hoping over my blog ;)

    Cheers,
    Pretzyness

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here darling! truly hooked on ig! great way to share pics.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! Happy Instagram-ing ;)

      Delete